All About Abby

My photo
I'm a senior Management major/Public Relations minor from Cincinnati about to graduate in May from Ohio Northern University!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy Times at ONU

Each week, we are required to write a blog about our life at ONU. This week, I am going to take this very literally and write exactly how my life has been during the past two weeks back here for spring quarter of my senior year.

First of all, I really love my spring quarter schedule due to the fact I have an awesome break in the middle of the week. I am done with class at 1pm on Tuesdays then don’t have class until 12pm on Thursdays. Yay! Also, I am done with class at 1pm on Fridays so I can always start my weekend early. Because of my schedule this quarter, I thought I would have so much down time and a lot of time to relax. But, I may be wrong. This quarter is going to be filled with weekly homework assignments, which I feel I haven’t had in a while. I have assignments for my small business management class due two days a week, 3 blogs and 3 comments a week, possibly 4 case study analyses a week, on top of other projects that will come about throughout the quarter.

So, the first week back was not terrible. I did have time to just hang out and do what I wanted (maybe because I saved most of my homework to do on lazy Sunday). However, this week and next week are going to be wild, because I am leaving for VEGAS on Friday the 22nd! While I am so, so excited because I’ve never been there and didn’t go on Spring Break during our actual break, I am swamped with homework until then. I have all my weekly assignments, which are usually due on Monday that I have to complete by Friday. On top of those, Aggie told us that we have to film and edit a PSA by Monday (in my case Friday) and I have to create a business plan by Sunday (Friday) for my small business management class.

I’ll be in Vegas until Tuesday night, the 22nd, so when I come back next week, I’ll be swamped again with my weekly assignments. But wait – I don’t even know if I’ll be back at all for week 3! As I mentioned earlier, I don’t have class on Wednesdays, so I was going to stay home Tuesday night and venture back to Ada Wednesday night. Then, I found out I have an interview with Macy’s on Friday, the 25th  (which I am also very excited about). So what do I do? Do I drive 2.5 hours back to Ada from home on Wednesday night and attend classes on Thursday, then drive the 2.5 hours back to Cincinnati on Thursday night for my interview on Friday? Or should I just stay at home after Vegas and miss class all week? Decisions, decisions….

2 comments:

  1. Abby, your life is definitely much more exciting than mine lately!
    First of all, I am jealous of your schedule. I used to not having anything to do on Weds., but this quarter, I actually work in the afternoon and then have class afterward from 3-5 p.m. It's really thrown off my weekly flow.

    I know how you feel with all of the projects. That seems to be the way that all of my classes are working out this quarter, as well. Obviously, though, you're already working ahead by posting this blog! I'm sure you'll be fine with all of your work, and the stress with be worth it for Vegas.

    Finally, congratulations on the Macy's interview! That is so exciting. I can see why you would not want to miss any extra class by staying home, but at the same time, you should also consider if you need that extra time at home to mentally prepare yourself for the interview. Either way, I'd definitely prepare my interview outfit, portfolio, possible interview answers, etc. ahead of time.

    Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also though that this quarter was going to be much easier than last quarter because I don't have class on Wednesday, and Monday is the only day that I have class before 9 a.m. (and it's dance aerobics!) However, like you, it seems like I do have daily homework assignments that seem to pile up throughout the week. It also doesn't help that senioritis is kicking in majorly! Anyways, I hope you have fun in Vegas...I'm extremely jealous! I've been there once and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete